Friday, February 3, 2012

If the Shoe Fits ...

originally posted: March 2008




If the shoe fits, wear it....


Where were you when I needed you?

When you needed comfort

I was there with the proper words

When you needed support

I supported you

When you were sad

I tried to make you smile

When you needed a shoulder to cry on

I let you cry

When you were in pain

I sent you hugs

When you disappeared

I worried about you

When you didn’t know what to do

I gave you advice, as much as was in my power

You appreciated my words, my thoughts, my being there for you!


Now it was my turn, and you weren’t there

No words of comfort from you

No hugs to ease my pain

You didn’t visit when I needed you most, though I saw you near

And when you did stop to visit, there were no words from you

And you used to visit often

I hinted, I tried to get your attention

But you ignored my efforts

I feel alone

Now I wonder if I should continue or just disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment please